Paul is instructed and consulted by clients in a very wide range of ‘dry’ to ‘damp’ commercial shipping and marine related disputes arising in arbitration, the High Court and mediation.
Paul's experience is in both the liquid and bulk cargo markets, covering the full range of disputes arising under time/voyage charterparties, contracts of affreightment, bills of lading and contracts for the sale of goods by sea, along with associated cargo trading disputes.
Paul’s client base spans P&I Clubs, individual owners and charterers, liability and indemnity insurers and international trading companies.
- Handling significant and complex claims arising out of major ship and cargo damage/loss
- Multi-jurisdictional litigation including Starlight Shipping Co v Allianz Marine and Aviation Versicherungs AG and Others (the “ALEXANDROS T”)  2 Lloyd's Rep. 579
- COA, time and voyage charterparty disputes of all kinds concerning both dry and liquid cargoes
- Sale of goods and commodity trading disputes
- Drafting and considering standard terms of trade/carriage for clients
- Advice on settlement of claims and potential resolution by ADR and mediation
- Cases involving calculation of recoverable loss/damage
- The “ALEXANDROS T”  2 Lloyd's Rep. 579
- Joined Bentleys 1983, Partner 1985
- Senior Partner 2006