Jamie has a broad litigation and arbitration practice, focused on the resolution of disputes arising out of all manner of charterparties, COAs, bills of lading and contracts for the sale of goods at sea.
In addition Jamie has advised on, and dealt with litigation arising from groundings, collisions and port safety.
Jamie also advises on a wide range of non-contentious charterparty and contractual negotiations, from tanker, bulk and off-shore charterparty forms to ship-board catering and cruise contracts, as well as stevedoring agreements.
Jamie’s experience includes:
- Negotiating a stevedore and storage contract with a port authority on behalf of a significant cargo interest.
- Advising owners and charterers in multiple jurisdictions following the collapse of a large bunker supplier.
- Advising charterers in relation to the liquefaction of a multi-million dollar cargo.
- Advising a number of owners and charters following the liquidation of cargo interests and presentation of fraudulent bills of lading to enable discharge of various cargoes.
- Advising long time charterers in relation to the misrepresentation of a vessel’s TEU / cargo capacity.
- Advising owners and charterers in respect of bad bunker claims.
- Advising owners and charterers in respect of cargo claims generally, as well as resulting Inter Club Agreement recourse actions.
- Advising in relation to a wide range of charterparty disputes including late delivery / redelivery, off-hire, deductions from hire, unpaid freight, laytime, demurrage, detention etc
- Dealing with withdrawal of vessels under time charter following non-payment of hire, failure to bunker and other breaches.
- Advising parties following collisions during STS transfers.
- Safe-port issues concerning navigable rivers in South America, as well as groundings in Turkey and France.
- Advising owners in relation to the cross-over between numerous speed and performance claims for two vessels and the impact on separate charterparty profit sharing agreements.
- Joined Bentleys 2002, Partner 2010
- College of Law (London)
- University of London (Royal Holloway College) – BA (Hons)