Alberta specialises in advising and acting for P&I clubs, charterers, shipowners and trading companies, on a range of disputes arising in relation to the international carriage of goods by sea.
She has advised and acted for clients in LMAA arbitration proceedings, Commercial Court cases and mediations.
Alberta is also able to assist on non-contentious matters and, in particular, has experience of advising both buyers and sellers on sale and purchase transactions.
Alberta's experience includes:
- Frequently advising on disputes concerning unpaid hire, laytime and demurrage, and assisting in related maritime arbitrations and Commercial Court trials
- Assisting in the enforcement of arbitral awards
- Acting for owners in a two-week LMAA arbitration following damage to a vessel during line-clearing operations when loading a cargo of palm oil
- Assisting buyers and sellers in negotiating the purchasing and selling of second-hand tonnage
- Joined Bentleys as Trainee Solicitor in 2011
- Assistant Solicitor 2013
- Bocconi University: Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration